Saturday, April 17, 2010

20 Months

Eamon is 20 months old today! I can't believe that in just four more months, he'll be two. Well, I guess I can believe it...he is certainly not a baby anymore. He is a full-fledged BOY who goes non-stop all day long until he crashes hard at night, only to recharge his batteries and get ready to do it all again!

Since I last wrote, Eamon has developed an obsession for all things with wheels (I told you he was all boy!). His favorite activity is calling out the buses, trucks, and cars on the street. Of course, in his language, this sounds like "BUSSSSSSS!", "CAHHH!" "TRUHHHH!". And lately, he's picked up on "FAH-TRUHH" (firetruck), "COP-CAHHHH" (police car), and "TAXEEEE" (taxi). There's also "BIKE!" and "BIG TRUHH". It's all too cute. But like I said, he's obsessed. He could do that all day.

He also loves his Sesame Street, especially--surprise, surprise--ELMO! Lately, he's started to be interested and call out the other characters, too, which is a relief, because Elmo's voice can get really grating after a while!

Otherwise, he's just your typical toddler: Running, jumping, taking one "BEEEEG STEP!" after another. He is a great kicker ("KEEEK!") and will actually kick the ball back and forth with you...must be those Flynn genes. One funny thing that's also becoming a little more apparent these days is that, for as loud and outgoing as he is at home, he's actually pretty shy. He likes to play with other kids, but is very timid about approaching them. He also still buries his head a bit when strangers come up to say hi. I wrote a story on the topic a few years ago and was told by the experts I interviewed that you are usually born shy...so I know it's not Mark's or my influence per se. But I'm trying to encourage him to play with other kids as much as he wants to, and we take a music class and a gym class each week, so he has plenty of opportunities to interact with kids his age.

And speaking of interacting, we just took a quick trip down to Florida to see Leezie, Speed, Sam and Jack in Islamorada. It was my second time flying solo with Eamon, and while the flights were not wonderful, the trip more than made up for it. Eamon loved playing with Sam (we figured Jack will become more of an appealing buddy once he starts walking) and we all had a nice, relaxing time. Pics of the two BFFS are below.

1 comment:

eileen said...

I cannot wait to kick the soccer ball around with him :)

Archive