Thursday, January 6, 2011

7 Weeks (and smiling!)

Ahh...the moment I've been waiting for. Nora's first smile! She lit up yesterday morning with some beautiful grins. It was after her first night of (pretty) sound sleep in over a week, so I'm guessing she had plenty to smile about I did, too: We had finally turned that dreaded six-week corner! The sixth week was a rough one, as it is with most newborns...this is when fussiness reaches its peak due to growth and developmental spurts. Our usually placid Nora turned into a bit of a fuss-bot and she also refused to sleep! We went through seven consecutive nights of staying up ALL night 'til 5:30 a.m., 4:30 a.m., 3:30 a.m., 2:30 a.m., 1:30 a.m., 12:30 a.m. and finally (blissfully) 11:30 p.m. For the past two nights, she has gotten in solid 4-5 hour chunks of sleep at night and wakes with a few quiet grunts (no screams!) to eat before peacefuly going back to sleep without a fight. Ahhhhh.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Archive