Sunday, March 9, 2014

Nell's Birthday Party: A Quick Recap

It's been nearly two months since our little bug turned one. Or shall I say our little snowflake? I threw together a quick 'n' easy "Winter ONEderland" themed party for family and friends and here's how it went down...

Let's talk about this igloo cake, shall we? After Bec gave me the idea for the wintry theme, I found the idea for this baby on Pinterest and thought, "well that's something I'll totally screw up". I gave it a go, figuring I'd run out for cupcakes if it turned out to be a fail. It took a few tries, but I actually did #nailit in the end. 

Because what birthday party is complete without a dessert table? The marshmallow "snow" may be my most favorite thing ever. 

The birthday girl in her full regalia, before she spit up allover her Jason Wu (for Target) dress. 

Couldn't get a decent shot of the entire family, but here we our with our baby, post wardrobe change! Note the mini igloo cake (made from a cupcake). 

Fill a crockpot with cocoa and toss some colorful marshmallows and fancy cookies in mason jars and call me a happy girl. 


A shot of the Nell's mini igloo smash cake (and some yummy choco-covered pretzels, too). 






A craft table was set up in our basement for the older kids. $1 wooden frames from Michaels, plus stickers and glitter glue made for an easy and cute activity and party favor. 

We blew up 35 white balloons and released them as a "blizzard" in the basement. 





The chalkboard print I had made on Etsy for like $5. I had it printed out poster-size at Walgreens, glued it onto foam board and had a great photoshoot prop--and a centerpiece for the party. 

Sugar, sugar...

Love me some Shutterfly freebies. This book cost less than $10 (printing/shipping cost only) and is filled with pics from day 1 to day 365. And now, messages from Nell's nearest and dearest...


Some of our cute little guess digging into the cake...

No comments:

Archive