
OK, I'm officially BIG MAMA! Just when I thought the bump couldn't expand another inch, it's grown
even more. And I still have 6+ weeks to go! Oy.I'm trying to convince myself that I still feel as great as always, but in all honesty, my energy levels are rapidly decreasing. Maybe it's the heat or humidity. Maybe it's the fact that I've been staying up too late recently. Or maybe it's just that I'm, oh, 8-months along. I really couldn't expect to feel wonderful for all 40 weeks, could I?
But I'm still trucking along as much as I can and don't have any trouble going about my day-to-day. I know I'm lucky to have lasted this long without any major meltdowns. Tonight, for the first time in 9 months, I opted to skip my run in favor of putting my (somewhat puffy) feet up and indulging in the Olympic Trials. The three miles I did last week felt great...until I stopped. My poor pelvis just isn't strong enough to hold up all 5,000 pounds of belly I'm sporting these days, and it ached for a few days post-run. I took that as a sign to stop the runs for now. (My mom should be very happy about that decision!).
As for F, he's doing just fine in his cocoon. The doctor said he's measuring well and is in a good position (head down). Mark and I still haven't decided on a name, but we're getting there...we'll make the official announcement as soon as he's out! We're both really, really excited about finally meeting him!

No comments:
Post a Comment