First Rollover: At the 'rents house, while playing on his tummy, Eamon easily rolled from his front to back--twice! And the best part? He used his "bad" arm (that is, the right one which was broken) to propel himself!
First Babysitter(s): We left Eamon with family twice over the past two weeks--one with Aunt Karl while we went out to dinner for our anniversary, and one with Grandmommy Liz and Papa Irv in Wheaton. The first night was just for a couple of hours, but the second was for a solid 9! He fared pretty well (better the second time around I think) and the prone-to-worrying mom in me didn't do too bad, either!
First Solo Road Trip with Mommy: With Mark heading up early for work, Eamon and I drove back from MD by ourselves. Wasn't too bad--we stopped twice for food breaks and Eamon slept most of the 5-hour trip. Probably because I was boring him to sleep with the NPR I listened to!
First Word?: Hah. This is a bit of a stretch, but Eamon's been "talking" a lot these days and I swear every once in a while says "Ma". My mom heard it, too! Now I'm repeating "mama" over and over to him in the hopes that he'll say it back, but no luck so far!
First Costume: I literally stuffed E into a fleece dragon costume for Halloween. He really liked it...at first. But then he got hot and bothered by the hood and had a major meltdown just before the parade that we never made it to. I settled on a Halloween sleeper instead, but it just wasn't as cute as that dragon outfit!
First Swing: I brought back Aleta's rainforest swing from the Farm, and E so far is perfectly happy in it. He stares at the mobile and
offers me some cute coos and smiles here and there. And I can actually get work done while he's in there. It's a win-win!

No comments:
Post a Comment