Tuesday, January 27, 2009

23 Weeks

Now that we're well into five months, Eamon's becoming more and more of his own little person. He has likes (his exersaucer, his stuffed lion, sitting up, eating his feet) and dislikes (getting dressed, getting his face wiped, getting into the car seat). He smiles--and laughs--a LOT but can still belt out a good, loud wail when he wants to (when he's tired and/or hungry). He's also noticing other people more, especially those in the pint-size variety like his cousin Sam and his other baby friends.

Another sign he's really growing up? The two emerging teeth on his bottom gum. Those puppies are just about to pop through--and so far, E's handling the pain like a champ. I just give him things to chew on (an icy ring, a washcloth, a toy), and he seems to be OK with that. I'm sure we haven't seen the worst yet, so I'm just hoping this whole teething process remains fairly easy on the little guy.

One more thing: It looks like we may have an early crawler on our hands! Somewhat begrudgingly (because he's still not a fan of tummy time), Eamon scoots himself backwards whenever he's on his stomach. Today, he pushed himself a good five feet before melting into a fit of rage (like I said, not a fan...). He's also getting his knees under him to roll over whenever he's on his stomach, so I'm thinking crawling is coming soon...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Archive