Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Six Months



I'm a bit late with this post, as Eamon is now 6 months and a week old. His checkup went very well, at 19.6 pounds and 28 inches long he's keeping up his status as a "BIG" baby but has actually slipped in the percentiles (only 75% for weight and 90% for length). He received more shots, including a flu booster, and only cried for about 10 seconds after the last one. Such a tough guy!

The six-month milestone also marked my first time away from Eamon for more than 12 hours. I spent Friday-Monday in Jackson Hole, and though I had an awesome time, I missed him terribly. But he was in great hands with his Flynn grandparents and of course, his daddy! Mark reported that he was a gem and entertained them all for hours. He's taken to his Jumparoo now, so it's great to watch him bounce around in that thing.

E's now eating two to three solid meals per day. I've bought a variety of fruits and veggies for him to try, and so far, he loves everything except peas. The sweet stuff's his fave, no surprise there! The set meals is keeping him on a great schedule, and he's generally falling asleep around 8 pm with no problems. Still waking up once a night, but just to be soothed for a bit and not to eat. I honestly don't mind getting up, as I'm kind of up to check on him every so often anyway, but I'm hoping that with the added food and age, he'll start sleeping through the night again. I just feel like I'm doing something wrong during the day every time he wakes up at 3 a.m., but I have to keep reminding myself that some babies are lighter sleepers, right?






No comments:

Archive