Friday, March 20, 2009

7 Months


Can Eamon really be seven months old? So hard to fathom. August '08 seems so very far away, yet I have to wonder where all of the time went.

Eamon continues to grow, learn, and master new things every day. He's a great little boy with a sunny disposition unless he wants something he can't have that very instant (usually food or a toy). We have so much fun with him and he has an awesome laugh and electric smile that I can't get enough of.

Though he has been sitting on his own for more than two months, Eamon hasn't been too precocious with that other major milestone: Crawling. I thought for sure he'd be moving and shaking by now, but he's taken to scooting backwards instead. Which is just fine with me, because I'm enjoying this time when I can plop him down somewhere and know that he'll be in the same place (or close enough) a few minutes later.

He has, however, shown interest in lifting himself up on higher surfaces, especially the coffee table. This scares me a bit, because I'm really not ready for those tumbles that are inevitable to happen once he starts standing. Plus, I'm just not ready for him to take that next step, so to speak. I want him to be this little Buddah baby forever!

At the same time, it's really fun and exciting to see him progress and change virtually overnight. There are so many other things to look forward to. Like, I can't wait to see what he'll look like when he gets a bit older--especially when his hair color finally reveals itself and we'll see if he's the red head so many people think he'll be! (I think he'll be dark like me, but with reddish highlights).

I guess I shouldn't gripe about him growing up so fast, because each month we experience with Eamon is more fun than the last. Not to mention he's on a great schedule these days and sleeps 10-11 hours at night. I thought that would never happen!

7 Month Stats

Weight: 21 lbs*
Length: 28-29 inches*

*these are approximate, as we haven't been to the doctor in two weeks, so he's probably gained/grown since then.




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Archive