Other milestones to report: Although reluctantly, he's crawling! I think he's had the capability to do so for a few weeks, but has only now used this mode of transportation to his advantage when he wants to get something from across the room, i.e. mommy's blackberry or a set of keys. Namely, items he's not really supposed to play with. Still, he seems more interested in pulling himself up on things than scooting about--making me think it's never too early to babyproof!
He's also getting his two top teeth...so pretty soon, he'll be a little gerbil with two tops and two bottoms. I don't know if it's just age or it's the teeth, but he's adopted a new smile that basically engulfs his entire face when he breaks it out. He squints his eyes, wrinkles his nose, and gives you the CHEESIEST grin...there's nothing half-hearted about it. I'm pretty sure I made the same face for the first 10 years of my life. It's really cute.
What else? Oh yes: He claps! I credit the Flynn aunties for that one. Mark and I went to Aruba for a few days while Eamon was cared for (spoiled?) by the Flynn's. The first thing he did when I picked him up was clap! I melted. Now he will start waving his hands and trying to clap with me whenever I do it.
There's so much more to report because he really does change and grow every day. And speaking of growing, I think he weighs a good 22 or 23 pounds and is fitting into 18-month clothes. Must be all of those egg yolks and avocados we feed him. :-)
Will report back with more when he hits 9-months in two weeks.

1 comment:
What a GREAT toy ;)
Post a Comment