
Yup, Eamon is one! Can't believe it. Sure, he's a big 'ol bruiser, but he'll always be my little baby. Especially when he's all curled up in his crib, tucked beneath his "soft and cuddly" blankie, gripping his "beary". Or when he reaches up to be held or when he rests his head on my lap when he's tired. Yep, still a baby!
But that's not to say he's remaining status quo, development-wise. On the contrary, it seems like he learns a new "trick" every day. A couple of weeks ago he started saying "Oh WOW!" and "Woah!" when he sees something exciting (that could be his toys, the washing machine, a dog, a helicopter...). He also says "YAY!" whenever he does something impressive (closes a door, turns on a toy), and is full of "Maaaaam" and "Da/Dad's" whenever he needs to get our attention. At least once a day, he'll say a big "HI!" to strangers and is still doing his cute-as-ever "Uh oh's". Love it!
Otherwise, he's taken to shaking his head adamantly when he doesn't want something (or just when I say "no") and when you ask him where his head is, he'll reach up to his noggin. Still trying to teach him other body parts, but right now we're stuck on the head. Good enough for now, I think! One last thing: He is fascinated by his spoons and forks and is only interested in feeding himself with utensils...forget mommy delivering spoonfuls to his mouth! He then turns to me and gives me the spoon to eat...such a sweetie.
He does some other cute stuff, as all one-year-olds do, so I won't go on and on. One thing I will add is that Eamon is VERY stubborn. He wants HIS way or else...I think he's been that way since day 1 so I might as well get used to it. I know his dogged determination was instrumental in him sitting, crawling and walking very early on, so one could say it's a good thing. I could do without the frustrated screeches that I hear a few times a day, though!
Anyway, here are E's 12-mos stats:
Weight: 24.75 lbs (78 percentile)
Length: 31 inches (86 percentile)
Head: 19.29 inches (98 percentile!!!!)
1 comment:
Happy (belated) birthday little guy! You are catching up with your Dad!!! Keep up the great work Eamon! We love you guys!
Post a Comment