Here are Eamon's latest stats and some milestones:
Height: 36.5 inches (94th percentile)
Weight: 32.19 pounds (90th percentile)
Talking! This kid is a chatterbox! He definitely has some shy bones, but once he's comfortable around others, he just chit chats away. He'll pretty much repeat everything we say--sentences included--and has grasped opposites (up/down, tall/short, big/small, happy/sad) and uses them in the right context. Like today, he told me, "Mommy, we go UP the bridge!" as we were climbing an overpass and then said, "Now we go DOWN." It's very cool to watch him put thoughts and concepts together--I can just see those wheels turning in his little head. I still have to translate his babytalk for others once in a while, but the delivery is getting clearer as the days go on. :-)
Also, as with most kids his age, Eamon takes ownership of pretty much everything these days. This includes whatever it is someone is talking about. Like, the other day, Mark grabbed his back and said, "My back hurts." Eamon then looks at us, grabs his back, and says, "My back hurts, too!" Or, I'll say, "I'm going to go take a work call," and he'll say, "I do work call, too." He's definitely into adding "too" to everything. It's cute, and better than "MINE!".
Counting! Eamon loves to count! Today, we were in a little grassy area with some bushes, and he went around counting each one. "One, two, three, seven, eight, nine, ten, 'level, twell, dirteen..." He always seems to forget a few digits here and there!
Kicking! He must take after his soccer star aunties! Eamon likes all sports, but especially loves kicking his ball around, and does so with pretty good force and accuracy. Of course, he also loves to run, too...phew!
Playing! Not really a milestone, but these days, Eamon is into all things that "Go": Cars, trucks, tractors and trains (yes, he has discovered "Thomas Train" and I'm sure there will be no shortage of choo-choos in our house for the next couple of years). The best thing about him being a little older and into these things is that he'll gladly play by himself for a good chunk of time while I work. I sit in the same room with him and talk to him, of course, but he is ok with me doing my thing while he does his.

No comments:
Post a Comment