So, on the day that he reaches the 27-month-mark (and one day before he becomes a BIG BROTHER!), here is what's happening in Eamon's world:
He's all growns up. Well, sorta. Though still not ready for potty-training (we're waiting 'til winter for that one) and still snoozing the night away in his crib, Eamon is demonstrating big boy behavior left and right. He talks TONS, listens very well, and grasps complex directions and ideas. I am constantly amazed by what he retains in that big brain of his. One of his more interesting statements the other day came after we were walking down the steps in our apartment and his eye caught on an urn near our neighbor's door. He said, "what's that?" and I said, "oh nothing, it's empty..." and he replied, "an empty decoration?" I don't remember teaching him the word decoration, but obviously he picked it up somewhere.
He loves his letters. We've been working on this one for a while, but we're so close to getting Eamon to spell his name. He'll say, "E, A, M, N, O, N" or sometimes throw in a "T" (not sure why). And he is starting to recognize letters, too: The other day, we worked on finding every letter in his name on a keyboard, and he did it! He's also proficient in singing the entire ABC's...who needs Your Baby Can Read?
He's a sports junkie! This is an accomplishment that I can claim no part in. Mark has taught him the names of nearly all of the NFL teams, and he can recognize them both by helmet, and, sometimes, by uniform (they switch them up a lot, so he's sometimes thrown for a loop). He also likes to watch football and make commentary about plays ("Oh no, the Packers got tackled!)...he is very enthusiastic about it all and it's cute to watch.
He sings. I'm sure he gets this from his cousin Sam, but Eamon loves to sing! Lately, he started singing the entire theme song of The Wonder Pets. And he knows the words to the Thomas, Caillou, and who knows what other theme songs, too. We've been taking him to music class and he's picked up "We Will Rock You," but that is usually accompanied by some very loud drumming...not my favorite.
He's a sweetie. This, of course, is not a milestone, but I should probably write down some of the nice things Eamon says and does as he gets more aware of the world around him. Like the other day, we were walking down the street and I yawned. Eamon says, "Are you tired, Mommy? Do you need a nap?" Or when I trip or bump into things and say "Ow", he comes running and asks if I'm OK, if I need a band-aid, if he needs to kiss it and make it better. It's hard not to melt. Mark and I are usually the only ones privy to his sweetest sayings/actions because he is still pretty shy around other people, but I love that inside that rough-and-tumble toddler exterior is a caring, compassionate little boy. Let's just hope that he can keep that up when his little brother or sister comes home!

No comments:
Post a Comment