
Welcome to the world, Nora Clare! The little lady arrived on Thursday, November 18 at 10:43 a.m. She's a little peanut at 7 lbs, 13 oz and 20 inches long. On par with the rest of the pregnancy, Nora's delivery was uncomplicated and dare I say easy...a far cry from the drama and discomfort endured with Mr. E. I was texting and talking on the phone no less than an hour before she was born--and she came out so fast, my own doctor didn't even make the delivery!
We left the hospital a little more than 24 hours after Nora was born and have been blissfully bonding ever since. I don't want to jinx anything by deeming her "easy" or "non fussy", but I will say that she is not hard to please and is the most cuddly, peaceful little thing...so far.
Over the course of her first week, Eamon is learning to love his little sister (he didn't show much interest initially) and this morning we spied him gently rocking her in her swing and talking to her. Doesn't get much sweeter than that. We even took our first road trip to Virginia and Maryland for Thanksgiving, and when I looked back and saw our two babies sleeping soundly in the backseat, I felt a sense of wholeness, as though this is the way it was almways meant to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment