Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Meet Nell!

The photo we chose for Nell's announcement. Look at those eyes! 

It's been a while since I updated on the kiddos--so long, in fact, that I've failed to introduce our littlest angel, Nell Cathryn! She was born on January 22, 2013, weighing a healthy 8 pounds, 6 ounces and stretching nearly 22 inches long. We selected the name Nell for a few reasons. 1) We liked the idea of giving our two girls the same initials, which is why we leaned towards an "N" name. 2) There are Nells/Nellies in our family and it's a nickname for Helen, which holds significant value and 3) It's reflective of O'Connell.

Nell--or Nellie, as we've taken to calling her--fits into our family like a puzzle piece we never knew we were missing. She's a sweet little thing who already has her own look (blue eyes!) and a love of cuddling. Eamon and Nora adore her, and I can't wait for her little personality to develop to see how all three of them interact.



Nellie turned one month on February 22 and allowed me to take a few pictures of her to mark the occasion. I love her little smile! She is starting to wake up more and be alert for longer stretches throughout the day, but otherwise is definitely a sleepy--and snuggly--little girl. 

No comments:

Archive