Excuse the slick-back look in this pic, I'd just gotten back from the pool when it was taken. Swimming is one of my favorite things to do lately; I'm progressively getting slower and slower, but I feel wonderful in the water. My running workouts, on the other hand, aren't so gentle on my body. Running itself feels fine, but afterwards my pelvis is compeletly battered and sore. The technical term for my pain, I've recently discovered, is Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD), which is a fancy name for instability due to the natural loosening and separation of the ligaments in front of the pelvis. My doctor says there's nothing to worry about, but advises that I stop running just so I can continue to, um, walk for the next five weeks. I guess some women are in so much pain, they're relegated to wheelchairs at the end of their pregnancy. Of course, I'm a long way off from that, but it's probably best I just stick to the pool from here on out.In other news, my doctor guesstimated what F will be about 7 pounds when he's born. This came from a super-hightech assessment that amounted to her placing her hands on my stomach for about five seconds. So I'm not sure if I trust her prediction--I'm still a bit nervous about the big babies in our families who've preceeded F. I guess we shall see in a mere five weeks!

No comments:
Post a Comment