Monday, August 11, 2008

39 Weeks

Well, by looking at this picture, it's no wonder people have been asking me if I'm expecting twins! (Sad, but true.) The bump continues to just get bigger and bigger to the point where now my extra-extra-extra long shirts barely cover my belly. I still have this mental image of myself as not that big, so it's really funny when I get a reality check in the form of a photo. But I'm not really stressing, because I know this just means that F is a happy (and hearty!) baby.

Speaking of F, he seems to have no immediate plans to meet us. I've been feeling quite normal lately and my last doctor's appointment proved that he hasn't made any moves to make his way into the world anytime soon. After a brief bout of frustration and impatience, I've made peace with this status and will bide my time for as long as necessary--or at least up until a week past his due date. That's when we'll start talking about induction, which would be fine with me considering our other option would be to go into the doctor's office every other day for a non-stress test...no thanks.

So, forging forward, I've pegged a few dates that would be ideal for F's birthday. Granted, I will have no control over this date, but it would be cool if it landed on any of the following...

8-17-08 (his due date): Speed's birthday
8-24-08: Sophie & Lucy's birthday
8-27-08: The 10th anniversary of our first date (Studio 54 at the Frederick Town Mall!)
9-1-08: Ula Bec's birthday

I really hope he doesn't hold out until September, though! He'd probably be about 15 lbs by then, so for my sake a mid- to late-August would be just fine.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Carolina said...

I keep on checking your blog out to see if that baby has come yet! I am excited for you and I hope he comes out soon, I remember being pregs in August and it was no fun - at least in hot a@# South Carolina. You look beautiful!
Keep us posted!
Nina

Archive