Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Six Weeks

Eamon is getting bigger by the day. I mentioned that he was registering in the 80th and 90th percentiles for weight and length, but now I think he's probably off the charts. He's up to 12 lbs and change and a 0-3 month outfit I put on him today is too short! He's not really chubby (though he does have his share of rolls), just very, very sturdy with a big barrel chest!

He continues to sleep very well, with stretches of 6 to 7 hours at night. During the day is a different story--this week, he's taking very quick cat naps of only about 30 minutes. And when he's up, he wants to EAT! I'm still trying to figure out how to manage his voracious appetite, but I think the best thing is to just keep him satisfied and we'll get less fussy time.

Speaking of fussiness, I've discovered that the hair dryer calms him right down. I'll put Eamon on the bed or in his cradle and turn it on and he just goes silent. Though I am a bit worried that I've created a monster, because when he gets fussy away from home (which seems to happen more often than not), it's not like I can just whip out a hair dryer! Plus, there's only so much life in one dryer, and I'm probably going to burn mine out by using it so frequently. Oh well, I guess I can always get another one--whatever will keep the little (and LOUD!) guy calm!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Archive