Monday, October 4, 2010

32 Weeks

Yes, I missed the 31st week. I spent most of the week in San Francisco, scaling those massive hills and catching up with good friends. Surprisingly (or maybe not surprisingly, given how this pregnancy has been going so far), the flights were really easy and I didn't have any trouble getting around the city--mostly on foot as I figured that was the best way to see everything I wanted to. In three days I was there, I walked, ran, and hiked my way from one neighborhood to another, taking advantage of the beautiful weather and the free time. So when I went to my OB/GYN for a checkup last week, I wasn't shocked to find out that I hadn't gained any weight since my last visit two weeks prior. Not that I'm very concerned with weight gain, but I was so used to packing on the pounds with Eamon that it was strange to hear that there was no change (I swear, every time I went to see the doctor in '08, I'd see the scale jump up another five pounds!). The doctor is happy with the way things are going, and the baby is thriving, which is all I really care about!

Week 32 was not as eventful in the travel sort of way, but I was happy to be back home with Eamon. I really missed him while I was gone and want to cherish these last few weeks when it's "just us". He has no idea what's coming his way, and I'm a little sad about not being able to devote so much time to him. Especially now that we can basically have a full-on conversation together (granted, they usually involve a lot of repetition and the subject matter is completely random).

I must say, though, that I am getting very excited for November 18. My friends threw me a little baby shower last Friday and gifted us with a lovely array of essentials from diaper rash cream to swaddling blankets. They also went in on a new bouncy seat...the Fisher Price aquarium number that saw Philip, Sam, Eamon, and Jack through their infant days finally bit the dust somewhere between Hoboken and Germany. So all family babies from #2 on will have a cushy new seat to bounce in!

So...Bouncy seat: Check. Diapers: Check. Plenty of pacifiers: Check. I'd say we're ready for #2!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Archive